November 1st 2012

Happy November!  I hope everyone is having a great start to the new month.

I've been pretty terrible at keeping up with this blog lately.  I've been busy with a couple of things on the go, which I'll be excited to share when I'm able to.

Since my last post, Chris and I visited Montréal, where we attended a benefit auction of children's book illustrations to raise funds for the CCBC.  It was held at the beautiful Musée des Beaux Arts de Montréal, and was a pretty exciting event, (and nerve-wracking when it came to my piece).  I'd never been to an art auction before, so it was a treat.  Unfortunately, the trip was far too short, but it was a lovely one; just a quick day and a half trip out of Toronto.




Also, Nathan Jurevicius' show I recently did a painting for, and was scheduled to open last night, was postponed due to power outage at the gallery.  It's located in the lower half of Manhattan in the East Village, and got hit pretty hard by the hurricane.  They're hoping to have things restored and opened by the weekend, but updates will be made on their event page.

Lastly, I want to send my regards to everyone who was effected by the hurricane.  My thoughts are with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment