September 15th 2010




I haven't been posting much in the last few days because I've been under the weather. But regardless, I'm slowly working away on some fun projects, including some commissions and an illustration for the upcoming Uppercase Work/Life 2 book.


I've been drinking a lot of tea to make my throat feel a bit better, so I was so excited when Naomi gave me this adorable tea cup last night! She found it at the St. Lawrence Antique Market, and it's beautiful; painted with stylized clover in pretty blue and gold leaf. I love it! (You can just see it in the photo above).


It's also getting cooler here in Toronto, so when I take some time away from my work, I've started knitting a cozy fall sweater. I'll have to post a photo of my progress on another day. It'll be lovely if it works out!


The cool weather's been making me want to cook comfort meals and curl up under a blanket in a comfy chair. Maybe that's just feeling under the weather, though, too. I feel like I'm finally coming to terms with the fall approaching. I had a hard time letting go of summer this year.


Finally, I read on Jenny Gordy's blog today, the release for a new Lines & Shapes book, Brooklyn Diary, is due out in a month. The book looks like it will be another beautiful publication from the Journal Series. I can't wait to see more.

7 comments:

  1. Sending you good vibes and hoping you'll feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's so sweet. Thank you Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Melinda, it's my first time visiting and i really adore your space here. Your work is soo beautiful and i especially adore your gorgeous fabric designs and letterpress. :) SO glad i found you. Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jacqueline. I'm glad you stumbled upon it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melinda...I felt so peaceful reading your post! Lovely...and I like that tea cup very much! I am not feeling well neither but I am enjoying writing and connecting with artists like you and all the fellow "flyers".

    Wishing you feel good soon! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, E. I hope you're back to good health soon, too.

    ReplyDelete